Bralirwa named best large taxpayer in Rwanda

Bralirwa's MD Victor Madiela (C) receives the award for being among the largest tax payers in the country.

Leading beverage manufacturer Bralirwa has been rewarded as the best large taxpayer of 2016 by Rwanda Revenue Authority (RRA).

The soft drinks and beer manufacturer received the accolade on national Taxpayers’ Day on Friday 13th October in a colorful event hosted by RRA to celebrate the best taxpayers in the country.

Speaking after receiving the RRA award, Bralirwa Managing Director Victor Madiela said the firm remains committed to comply with all tax regulations.

“At Bralirwa, we are committed to maintain prudent and ethical business management standards including prompt tax payments,” Madiela said.

RRA Commissioner-General Richard Tusabe confirmed that Tax compliance rates in the country are steadily improving with continued support from various economic actors including the private sector.

The RRA boss disclosed that the tax body had managed to beat its collection target for the last financial year by more than Rwf 8.6 billion with a total revenue of about Rwf 1.1 trillion last year.

Bralirwa is Rwanda’s leader by market share in the beverage industry, dominating the soft drinks market with its Coca-Cola line of products and having an equally high share of the beer market.

Established in 1957, Bralirwa is a subsidiary of the Heineken Group which has 75% of the shares. The remaining 25% shares are listed on the Rwanda Stock Exchange since 2013.

 

Read this article and more in issue n° 79 of Hope Magazine.

  • By Hope Magazine
  • Posted 31st October 2017

Comments

There are no comments for this article.

×
9  +  9 =