MTN Rwanda has partnered with Kigali Veterans Cooperatives Society (KVCS) to introduce a payment option for parking fees via the MTN Mobile Money platform. Drivers in Kigali can from now on dial *799# on their mobile phones to make instant payments.
MTN Rwanda Chief Executive Officer, Bart Hofker, said that MTN thinks it is important to create new opportunities through strategic alliances such as the partnership with KVCS, by ensuring the convenience for customers when making payments is met.
“We are proud to continuously champion innovation to meet the growing demand for technologies that drive efficiency and boost convenience to MTN’s rapidly growing customer base. It is for this reason that we have introduced a convenient and cashless way to pay for parking fees or fines using MTN Mobile Money,” Hofker said.
In order to access this service;
● You need to be a Mobile Money registered customer
● Dial *799#
● Select language
● Enter the car Registration Number (you will receive a balance due message in parking tickets and fines)
● Type the Amount you wish to pay
● Customer receives message to approve payment via Mobile Money (Customer can pay full or partial payment)
● Enter MoMo PIN to confirm payment (you will receive payment confirmation from MTN Mobile Money)
“This partnership is a game-changer which makes the parking process quick, convenient and stress free by giving consumers a seamless mobile payment experience,” Hofker added.
The partnership with KVCS follows the recent launch of MTN’s annual MoMo Month to support and further Rwanda’s national agenda on promoting a cashless economy. The campaign will be marked by a series of events countrywide expected to raise awareness and educate Rwandans about the benefits of MTN Mobile Money.
With 1.3 million active subscribers today, MTN Mobile Money has enjoyed unprecedented success since it was launched eight years ago, now registering about 12 million transactions monthly worth Rwf 89 billion.
According to RURA, in the second quarter of this year there were 291,901,031 mobile money transactions.
FAQ parking fee payment with KVCS
1. Do I need to be registered on Mobile Money to make the payment?
Yes. You can only make payments to KVCS when registered on MTN Mobile Money.
2. How do I pay for my parking ticket or outstanding parking payments?
Enter the car Registration Number (you will receive a balance due message in parking tickets and fines)
Type the Amount you wish to pay
Customer receives message to approve payment via Mobile Money (Customer can pay full or partial payment)
Enter MoMo PIN to confirm payment (you will receive payment confirmation from MTN Mobile Money)
Once you conclude your payment through MTN Mobile Money, KVCS will receive and acknowledge the payment in their system.
3. Do I need to have an Account with KVCS?
No. One does not need an Account with KVCS. All you need is your Car Registration Number.
4. What is my Registration Number?
Your Registration Number is your car Number Plate.
5. Do I need to type my Registration Number in Capital letters?
It doesn’t matter whether capital or small letters. All you have to ensure is entering the right Registration Number.
6. Can I pay using another person’s phone?
Yes. You can pay using another Person’s number provided you enter your Car Registration Number.
7. Do I get a receipt to confirm my payment?
No. However, you will receive an SMS from MTN confirming payment.
8. What are the charges for the payment?
Customer will pay for what they owe. There are no transaction fees.